Products: Reynaers SL38 thermal break aluminum windows; custom-milled aluminum.
Project By: Studio Mellone
Media By: Tommaso Sacconi
The enchanting mono-brand boutique of renowned fashion designer Carolina Herrera is at New York, in the classy Upper East Side. It resides in a historical three-storey building that has been completely restructured.
The boutique radiates timeless grace and elegance in every detail of its exterior and interior architecture, just as Carolina Herrera’s famous fashion collections. Such innate refinement, which is an integral part of the brand’s iconic style, is expressed also through selected pieces of furniture and accessories as well as custom-made doors & windows. Their design has been created specifically to fulfil the designer’s dream.
Elegant custom-made technical and aesthetic masterpieces:
• Creation of “steel design” aluminium double-glazed doors & windows, which imitate the design of classic steel doors & windows (known for their thin silhouette), provided also with thermal and acoustic insulation.
• Use of extra-clear glass to improve interior brightness.
• Installation of glazing bars (Simulated Divided Lite) on the windows in order to embellish and define them.
• Manufacture of “decorative columns” to partition the windows, produced by re-creating the design of the building’s columns from a full block of aluminium, by carefully “designing” column-like window partitions.
• Pivot entrance doors with concealed door closer.
• Installation of multipoint locks on the doors.